On October 17, 2023, the Department of State (DOS) sent a Federal Register notice for review, entitled “Pilot Program to Resume Renewal of H-1B Nonimmigrant Visas in the United States for Certain Qualified Noncitizens.”
While full details will be shared once published in the Federal Register notice, it is anticipated that the program will:
- Begin in early 2024;
- Be limited to H-1B principals only;
- Be limited to nationals of countries that are not subject to reciprocity fees;
- India will be one of the eligible countries to participate in the pilot program;
- Have eligibility requirements, similar to those for participation in the interview waiver program;
- Be available for 20,000 applicants; and
- Be voluntary participation.
Our office will continue to monitor this and provide updates, as they become available.